High Performance Leadership
Essential Skills for the Leaders of Tomorrow
There are many leadership theories; some are popular for a few years, and then fall out of favour. Others stand the test of time and are incorporated into modern ideas.
This manual looks beyond two-dimensional maps for increasing productivity and takes a more holistic view of leadership. It looks at some of the theories, yes - but it also looks at how you think and feel as a leader and how this impacts on others.
If you revolutionise the way you think, you will change the way you behave and results will inevitably follow.
This manual offers a unique approach to developing new strategies for maximising your leadership performance. Among other things, leadership can be defined as the art of creating a workplace where people can see their jobs as an integral part of their lives and readily invest their time and effort to the success of their company.
Leaders recognise what fundamentally drives people. Whilst working through this manual, you will complete an intensive analysis of your own motivations, behaviours, and goals for leadership improvement.
Through this deeper understanding of your own motivations and attitudes, you will become more effective as a leader. With knowledge there is power.
In this manual you will find information on all aspects of leadership. You will also be able to test your effectiveness using the self analysis questionnaires and by utilising the tried and tested methods highlighted.
It can be read and used as a book, a self-learning tool or as a reference manual. It can be used by individuals to increase their skills and knowledge, by trainers to help produce training sessions or by managers for meetings and staff training. It is a mixture of information, practical exercises, self analysis questionnaires and case studies.
Below is a summary of this 205 page training manual.
What is leadership?
- Identifying your Personal Leadership Goals and Objectives
- Leadership vs Management
- How Leadership Theories have Developed
- Theories on People and Leadership
- Chaos and Complexity Theory
The Leadership Challenges
- Your Own Personal Leadership Challenges
- Your Own Preferred Leadership Style
- The Strengths and Weaknesses of Your Leadership Style
- Planning to Lead
- Situational Leadership
- Leadership and Motivation
- Choosing the Right Style for the Right Situation
Communicating and Persuading
- The Unspoken Messages
- Communicating at a Subconscious Level
- Effective Communication Skills
- Listening Skills
- Questioning Skills
- Positive Language
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Transactional Analysis
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming
Team and Corporate Leadership
- The Stages of Building an Effective Team
- Trust and Ethics in Team Organisations
- Key Roles for Team Synergy
- Leading Exceptional Teams
- Emotional Intelligence and Team Leadership