Key Account Management
The Key to Unlocking the Potential of Your Future Sales
In recent years, key (or strategic) account management has become a crucial issue for many companies. Driven by some form of 80/20 rule - 80% of current or potential revenues come from 20% of customers - many firms have come to realise that these customers must be treated somewhat differently from the average customer. Of course, it is one thing to recognise that these accounts should be treated differently, it is quite another to figure out exactly what to do.
Many companies are struggling to deal with these questions on a national or regional basis. Increasingly, however, the many forces for globalisation are leading companies to address these and even more complex questions on a global basis, the field of global account management.
This manual provides a structured, easy-to-apply approach to key account management. It is divided into sections that can be studied independently.
It can be read and used as a book, a self-learning tool or as a reference manual. It can be used by individuals to increase their skills and knowledge, by trainers to help produce training sessions or by managers for meetings and staff training. It is a mixture of information, practical exercises, self analysis questionnaires and case studies.
Below is a summary of this 253 page training manual.
- Key Account Management Theory
- Self-Assessment against Key Criteria in Key Account Management
- Customer Relationship Management Theory and Practice for Key Account Managers
- Customer Values Management Theory and Practice for Key Account Managers
KEY SKILLS MODULES
- Time Management, Planning and Prioritising for Key Account Managers
- Communications Skills for Key Account Managers
- Networking for Key Account Managers
- Relationship Building for Key Account Managers
- Influencing Skills for Key Account Managers
- Negotiating for Key Account Managers
- Self, Team Management and Motivation for Key Account Managers