Competency Assessment & Profiling
Competency-based systems provide both the structure and discipline to help bring out the best effort in people and ultimately the best performance for organizations. Competency systems are designed to help organizations' to find answers to questions such as:
- What skills and knowledge are necessary for strategic success?
- Are we selecting people with these competencies in mind?
- Do our people have the appropriate skills and knowledge, or is some kind of
- training necessary?
- Are these job expectations aligned with the culture and strategy of the
- organization as a whole?
In today's competitive marketplace, with constant change, organizations need cost-effective approaches to implement new human resource approaches to drive higher performance. Since most people do not know their strengths, weaknesses or competencies this workshop will design assessment and profiling tools that ensure that personnel are assessed against objective and valid criteria and that they answer questions that are linked to what people do, not what they think or say.
Participants will examine competency system usages, applications, documentation methodologies, ownership and practices contributing to the achievement of organizational business goals. The participants will also get familiar with the relationship between competency on one side and self-development, human capital assessment, job-shift theory, and the design techniques of competency models on the other. The program will conclude by introducing various competency measurement tools for a number of human resource development systems relating to organizational and individual growth in terms of competence standards, corporate transformation, implementation strategies, role models, and sustainable business performance. Delegates will have the opportunity to draw a personal implementation plan to reflect the totality of the diverse learning points.
Course content includes:
The Thinking behind Competencies
- Human resource management:
History of competencies:
- Skill versus competence
- Application scenarios
Competency assessment as a measurement tool:
- Psychometric testing, ability, psychological, personality and cognitive assessment centers
- Performance measurement
- Behavioral end-results
- Scorecard metrics
- The design of an HR competency scorecard
Competencies Profiling & Applications
- Job - the pyramid model
- Staff - the behavioral approach
- Organization - hierarchy
- Application in job descriptions, job evaluations, training, career development and succession planning
Competency Assessment and Profiling Components
- Defining performance effectiveness criteria
- Identifying criteria samples
- Collecting data
- Analyzing data and developing tests
- Validating assessment and profiling models
- Preparing applications
Designing Competency Assessment and Profiling Components
- Assessment centre and profiling tools:
- Competency based Interviews
- Role plays
- In-tray exercises
- Aptitude tests
- 360° feedback questionnaires
Program Review, Measurement and Applications
- Competency measurement tools
- Review of course themes
- Summary of learning points
- Personal implementation planning
- Distribution of certificates
- Course evaluation